Thursday, January 2, 2014

Grateful


Somebody once told me that the best way to get the most out of life is to be grateful.  At the time I was young and more or less brushed off their advice.  I may have written down the things I was grateful at that moment in one of my million notebooks only to forget about it and go about my everyday.  It wasn't until this past year that I really began to think about all the things I have to be grateful for, that I fully began to understand and appreciate this philosophy.

It is much too easy to get caught up in our own everyday lives and forget about all the things we have to appreciate.  Life can be stressful, frustrating, and mundane, but it can also be magical, beautiful, and wonderful all at the same time.  If you step back for a moment and really think about living a grateful life I am confident you will begin to recognize the good with the bad and appreciate the happy with the sad.  Life isn't about things being perfect and things don't always turn out the way you would like them too so it's important to start to recognize and appreciate more than just the negative.

I have so much to be grateful for but at the top of my list I have the hills that I hike, the air that I breathe, the love that I share, and the life that I live.  I hope you have a grateful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment