Monday, August 5, 2013

Marin Made: Beautiful Belvedere Island



Growing up on an island isn't for everyone and as a kid I strongly believed it wasn't for me.  Belvedere has less than 1000 houses and most of them don't have kids. I spent most of my younger years finding ways to get off the island and luckily for me Belvedere has long been connected to land.  No restaurants or stores are allowed on Belvedere Island, however, downtown Tiburon is within walking distance and the ferry provides daily access to San Francisco, Sausalito, and Angel Island. 




Like most things about Marin, Belvedere grew on me with time and it is now one of my favorite places to visit.  If you haven't been I highly recommend taking a walk around the island and admiring the 360 degree views.  Be sure to check out the Lava House which has long been abandoned and adds an unexpected element to this otherwise quiet and kidless island.

No comments:

Post a Comment