Monday, July 22, 2013

Marin Made: In Love with Marin



I have had a love affair with Marin County long before I ever realized it.  As a kid I loathed the quiet streets and lack of cul-de-sacs.  The long distances between all of my friends made Marin logistically difficult as a teenager and weekends spent in parking lots made it feel like the most boring place on earth. I vowed to someday move as far away as possible and imagined never looking back. 

It wasn't until I moved 3000 miles away for college that I slowly begun to realize what Marin really had to offer.  I instantly missed the waterfront views, windy roads, and daily fog I had taken for granted for so many years. I finally appreciated the lack of cul-de-sacs and the fact that no two houses really looked alike. I even longed for the quiet streets and small town feel I thought was so boring just a few months prior. 

Moving away suddenly seemed like the biggest mistake I could've made and I spent the next decade plotting my return. It would take 10 years and what felt like a lifetime of unknowns before I became a Marin County resident once again and I couldn't be happier to once again call this beautiful place my home.  This time I moved to Marin with a husband and dog in tow and we actually have a home to call all our own.  We are knee deep in remodeling while relearning everything Marin has to offer and as I learned a decade ago this place is nothing to take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment