Thursday, July 25, 2013

Inspired: Bathrooms


Deciding on a style for our bathroom remodel was easy, while selecting the actual tile was not.  I knew that both bathrooms would need to be clean and simple and that I wanted one of them to be grey/white and the other to be black/white, but when it came time to make final decisions I couldn't make up my mind.  In total we made 4 trips to our tile store in Santa Rosa and countless trips to other stores in the area to make sure we weren't missing something.  Fortunately, anything would be better than what we started with (shown here) which made our final decision a little easier.


If you have ever searched for tile then you know that the options are truly endless and when our remodel began I was instantly attracted to the styles shown above.  We tried and tried to make sense of these more traditional styles in our Mid-Century modern home, but it never felt right.  In the end we settled on a combination of the three Modern Neostile colors shown below.  The come in a variety of sizes and ended up being cheaper than the styles I originally thought I wanted, which made a big difference since we ended up tiling most of the bathroom walls as well.


Image 1Image 2 Image 3. All images can also be found on my bathroom pinterest boards here.

Octagonal Ceramic Tile - Home Depot 
Subway Tile - Home Depot
Carrara Marble Tile - Builder Depot 
Penny Tile - Wayfair
Neostile Tiles - Happy Floors

No comments:

Post a Comment